Thursday, May 3, 2007

Rejections

There's this homeless man who I have seen everyday Monday through Friday since October. He has a really nice German Shepherd dog who he constantly dotes on and the two of them are always sitting at my metro stop in the morning when I get off the streetcar. I've spoken to him a few times because his dog is just so cute and well-behaved and he genuinely seems to treat him well. In the winter, he has a better jacket for his dog than for himself.

Anyway, the other day, I decided that I should bring his dog some dog food. We have lots of food that Winnie can't eat because he has allergies so why not donate it to someone who can use it. I spoke to him and he said that his dog wasn't fussy and that he would be really grateful if I would bring his dog some food. He also pointed out that he was at the same location EVERY DAY. Ahem. Which I of course already knew.

So, I packed up some dog food. Put together a care package for the man, with some breakfast pitas, bananas and a container of peanut butter and headed off. Well now, for the past two days, they have been absent and this rabble-rousing set of three have taken over his spot. These guys are young, and clearly cracked out and they yell at people and making kissing noises towards attractive ladies. I gave them the breakfast that I had lovingly put together and asked them if they knew what happened to the guy with the dog and as they sucked down the food, they ignored my question and asked me for some money. When I told them that I wouldn't give them any money they got really feisty and I quickly left.

But now. Now. I am worried. This guy at work decided to put the idea in my head that maybe this guy died. So now, I am worried about his dog. Personally, I don't think he died but who knows. Maybe he got itchy feet and had to go traveling? Maybe, those three kids took over his spot? I don't know. All I do know is that my purse smells like dog food and my heart feels rejected. Sigh.

On a more Amazonian note...today I started a war. It's not going to be a war to end all wars but all I have to say is that I have some aces up my sleeve so my landlord had better not try anything funny.

Oh yeah, and Winnie has another playdate this weekend with Jillian. My second favorite bulldog in the GTA. What fun! Hopefully Brody will be there. Brody is this bulldog who projectile vomits while he runs. It's the craziest thing I've ever seen and he doesn't slow down, not even slightly, he just keeps on trekking.

Well, that's my life. How about yours?

No comments: